The UK’s most important manufacturing conference – the industry is in the midst of a crisis in skills and talent, and it is not getting any better.
- The UK has an annual shortfall of almost 60,000 engineers and technicians (RAEng)
- The UK is losing out on a potential £63bn a year due to unfilled digital job roles (Edge Foundation
- Women currently comprise just 12% of engineers in the UK (WES)
- 65% of UK manufacturers have not heard of T-levels (Make UK)
- Just 6% of young people (aged 16-23) are considering a career in industry (Barclays)
- 95% of UK manufacturers say that the Apprenticeship Leavy must become more flexible (Make UK)
Developed in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University, Manufacturing People & Skills Summit brings together manufacturers, HR specialists and skills innovators to discuss how to nurture and grow their existing talent, and attract the next generation that will carry the torch and embrace the coming wave new technologies and opportunities.